Editor’s Note: We sat down with Gulf Breeze City Manager Buzz Eddy and spoke to him regarding improvements coming to Gulf Breeze. Below is a list of his top 5 improvements.
1. Storm Water Plans: We are continuing to make improvements to our stormwater infrastructure. Since the flood of 2014, City Council and the Stormwater Task Force have invested a great deal in improving present infrastructure and constructing new systems to reduce the level of flood impact.
2. Pensacola Bay Bridge: This project is slated to start by the end of 2016 or beginning of 2017. The 4 year project will result in a modern, structurally enhanced bridge with expanded lanes to improve on-bridge traffic conditions and safety access.
3. New Medical Facilities: Sacred Heart is breaking ground on a new Pediatric Medical Facility at the intersection of Daniel Drive and US 98, across from Publix. The facility will bring new pediatric services to the Gulf Breeze community including outpatient pediatric rehabilitation, physical, occupational, speech and food-aversion therapies, as well as autism outreach and diagnostic services. A separate medical facility, focused on dermatology, is planned across from the Live Oak Shopping Center.
4. Walking Paths: The City Council in the past few years has invested a lot in building sidewalks and trails in the city and through Shoreline Park. We will see the expansion of these walking paths and trails around the city.
5. Gulf Breeze Police Station: Over the next 5 years the City will embark on a mission to update our Police Station for the safety of officers and our citizens.